I got done the last few words of Witch’s Kurse today. The word tally at this point is 126K words, which for me is massive. My word goal for any novel is 75K, so I hit that rather easily.
Of course, the novel isn’t “done” yet. I’ll do the standard. Take a week off or so, read a novel or two, and then get to editing. I’ll maybe toss this one out for beta readers a little early, even in a “raw” state, for story purposes. Being such a long novel, I wouldn’t mind getting story input early, to see what parts of the plot worked, which were “cool”, which weren’t, all that fun stuff. There are three stories going on with three characters, and I wouldn’t mind getting extra eyes to tell me if everything flows together nicely.
One thing I have to do is get a list of feedback questions together. That’ll be a first as well, but this novel definitely calls for it.
These are just impressions not long after finishing data entry, but I think the novel is solid. The existing characters were a lot of fun, and so was the new addition. I think the three stories intersected rather well, and the finale I thought was awesome. Even the villains got a little more time than usual, and I found I got a little attached to one of them.
So, thanks for reading, and Witch’s Kurse is definitely one step further along.